Good Thursday Morning!
My second linkup EVER and of the week (I’d say I was on a roll!) It is also my first linkup with #WIAW, thanks to Jenn over at Peas & Crayons for hosting! Looking forward to many more!
Again, beyond excited about these linkup opportunities! Finding new recipes and connecting with new bloggers gets me P-U-M-P-E-D!
Since I’m new to this, I haven’t gotten into the habit of capturing all of the meals I eat, yet. Instead, I’ll use it to share an awesome and super simple Taco Soup recipe with everyone!
Super Simple Taco Soup
Sorry about the photo, guys! Haven’t had the chance to take any photos of my creations, however this little guy above is pretty close!
- 1 lb ground turkey, chicken, or extra lean beef
- 1/2 pound Italian Turkey Sausage (mild or hot)
- 2 cans Reduced Sodium Black Beans
- 1 can White Kidney Beans
- 1 can Light Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (Plain, Rotel, or Mexican)
- 1 can Low Sodium Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 can Green Chilis (Mild or Hot)
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 1 package Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- Remove sausage from casing- blend with ground turkey, chicken, or extra lean beef and brown the mixture. Drain excess grease.
- Combine the cooked meat and all remaining ingredients, except the taco seasoning and ranch mix-juice and all (Do not drain any cans or rinse the beans). Blend well.
- Stir in remaining taco and ranch packets. Simmer for about 30-45 minutes to blend flavors.
- Optional-Serve soup with Low Fat Shredded Cheese and Fat Free Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Servings: About 7
Cals: 365 (includes 1/4 Shredded Cheese and Fat Free Sour Cream)
Long story, short? This bad boy will keep you full for HOURS!! Hope you enjoy!