I’m so ashamed!! I did not participate in Fat Tuesday appropriately, yesterday! Not even a Pączki! Ugh <—polish failure right here, guys! My ancestors are, more than likely, turning over in their graves.
What I did participate in, however, was continuing the #WIAW veggie challenge thanks to Jenn over at Peas & Crayons for hosting!
For breakfast, yesterday I ate the last of my fiber one raisin bran oats and skim milk, and for a mid morning snack some delicious strawberries, pineapple, and blueberries my mom dropped off to me yesterday morning as an early Valentine’s Day present! She knows I’m eating healthy now and giving me candy wasn’t an option, so being the creative and super-mom that she is decided to make me her very own fruit bouquet. Look at this photo!
Giving Edible Arrangements a run for their money, I tell ya! Heart shaped pineapple and all! She mentioned she was going to fill up each skewer/stick with fruit up to the pineapple, too, but unfortunately, the fruit wasn’t havin’ it and it kept falling apart on her. So I had fruit, in a baggy, in a vase instead…still just as yummy! I thought it was a funny story and had to share.
Alright, back to the veggies! On the menu for lunch? Left over stir fry from dinner on Monday night…yumm! Take a gander at the good stuff…
I did end up sneaking in a Coke Zero and three Dark Chocolate Dove candies. Oops! Hey a girl’s gotta celebrate her own version of Fat Tuesday, somehow! 😉
After work I headed to the gym where I did the five station circuit that looked a little like the following:
- Station 1: Exercise 1-Half burpees with a modified push up Exercise 2-Speed squats
- Station 2: Exercise 1-Wall sit and punching left right Exercise 2-Burpees
- Station 3: Exercise 1-Squat, linear jump squat, squat Exercise 2-Step walk ups with hip extension
- Station 4: Exercise 1-Hi row, low row combo Exercise 2-Tricep extensions
- Station 5: Exercise 1-Wall sit with foam roller Exercise 2-Stepping lunges
- Abs: Exercise 1-Bicycle crunch Exercise 2-V sit twist Exercise 3-Marching planks (Repeat 3x through)
Whoooaaa baby, were my muscles burning after this bad boy!
For dinner, I made baked chicken with southwest breadcrumbs and cheese along with a sweet potato on the side for more veggies! The spicy flavor from the southwest crumbs and the sweetness from the potato were a great combo! I had a photo of it, but it turned out terrible and looked like two blobs on my plate.
I hope all of you have a fabulous Wednesday!! ❤