I missed last week’s What I Ate Wednesday, but I’m back at it, now! Head on over to Jenn’s blog, Peas & Crayons, to check out her #WIAW posts along with all of her other posts! She seriously cracks me up and gives me lots of inspiration for recipes!
This past weekend, my mom and I set out to make some homemade granola from a recipe my aunt shared with us. Neither of us have ever made granola, before, and I totally expected it to be pretty difficult. Wrong-O!! I’m tellin’ ya, I am turning into a pioneer woman and could totally give Laura Ingalls a run for her money! 😉
Anyway, this recipe is so simple, and I am now addicted, thanks Aunt Stacie! 🙂
- 4 c. Rolled Oats
- 1c. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1c. Pecans
- 1/2c. Real Maple Syrup
- 1/2c. Sucanat (Raw Cane Sugar)
- Heat the syrup and sucanat on stove until it is well blended
- Mix rest of ingredients in large bowl
- Add the syrup mixture and mix well
- Spread onto baking sheet and bake at 350 for 20 min
- Let cool, then break apart
(Optional) Add dried fruit
Viola!! Crunchy, homemade goodness!
I figured that this recipe makes about 20 servings…
33g per serving = 135 cals of pure deliciousness knowing exactly what you are eating! You can’t go wrong with that!
Happy Wednesday, all! ❤